Product Packaging is the art and science of preparing goods or product for transport and sale. Packaging is the means of ensuring safe delivery of the product to the ultimate customer in sound condition at a minimum overall cost.
Sales are the delivery of products from the manufacturer to consumers in exchange for money and marketing is basically understanding the customer’s need and introducing products accordingly.
Sales basically follow a fragmented and product-oriented approach, whereas marketing follows an integrated and customer-oriented approach.
Sales focus on maximizing the seller’s profit but marketing focuses on generating profit through customer satisfaction.
Sales follow the push strategy and marketing follows the pull strategy.
The target audience of sales is both individuals and organizations, moreover, the target audience for marketing is the public.
The primary objective of sales is to influence the target audience to become a buyer, and the primary objective of marketing is to identify customers’ needs and make products accordingly.
Distribution Channel or Channel of Distribution [PDF Included] Definition, Types, Functions, Benefits, and Drawbacks
A route through which a product travels from the production end to the point of consumption is called a distribution channel.
- Product Packaging: Requirements, Functions, Types, Packaging Methods. January 3, 2023
- What is Exercise? 16 Benefits, 4 Types, and 7 Risks Associated with Exercise December 4, 2022
- Distribution Channel or Channel of Distribution [PDF Included] Definition, Types, Functions, Benefits, and Drawbacks November 20, 2022
- What is Marketing Mix? [PDF Inside] or 4Ps of the Marketing Mix, 7 Ps of Marketing, November 17, 2022
- What is Sales Promotion? [PDF Inside] Definition, Objectives, Strategies, Techniques, Advantages, and Disadvantages November 9, 2022