Management is an art or science. To manage effectively, a manager must have not only the necessary abilities to lead but also a set of critical skills acquired through time, experience, and practice. But modern days a manager can do better by using his knowledge, methods, concepts, theories, etc. of managing at the workplace.
So, one question always comes into our mind, Is management is an art or science essay? Well, Management is an art of getting things done, and management is a process so it is science also. It got properties of both art and science.
Management is an art or science?
Before decide management is an art or science, let me explain, What is management?
Management is the process of planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, and controlling resources such as human beings, material, time, and money to accomplish the organizational mission. Good management is the backbone of every successful organization. Managing life means getting things done to achieve life’s objectives and managing an organization means getting things done with and through other people to achieve its objectives.
Management is a science :
- Management has a scientific basis because management techniques are susceptible to measurement and factual determination.
- Similar to the science management skills are experimental and it also developed by trial and error process.
- In management, there is the availability of systematic and organized study material.
Management is an art :
- Management is an art because management means coordinating and getting work done through others.
- Management is based on repeated practice and creativity as required in art.
- Management has its own approach towards each individual problem and this ability will develop with experience.
Conclusion for management is an art or science :
In this article “Is management is an art or science essay“, we have learned management as a science, and as an art. So we can conclude that management is an art as well as a science. It got properties of both art and science.
Management skills are the abilities that every manager or leader should have. Management skills can be defined as abilities that an administrator should possess to fulfil specific tasks in an organization. Management skills can be developed through practical experience as a manager and learning. The skills help the manager to link up with their co-workers and know how to deal with their associates, which allows for the simple flow of activities in the organizations. Read more>>
The management style is a specific way for managers to executing their goals. Management style regards the way that every manager plans, handles, make decisions, designate, and manages their staff. Management styles are the principles that underline the process, abilities and techniques that managers use to handling conditions and expressing leadership within a company or organization. Read more>>