Management is an art or science. To manage effectively, a manager must have not only the necessary abilities to lead but also a set of critical skills acquired through time, experience, and practice. But modern days a manager can do better by using his knowledge, methods, concepts, theories, etc. of managing at the workplace.
So, one question always comes into our mind, Is management is an art or science essay? Well, Management is an art of getting things done, and management is a process so it is science also. It got properties of both art and science.
Management is an art or science?
Before decide management is an art or science, let me explain, What is management?
Management is the process of planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, and controlling resources such as human beings, material, time, and money to accomplish the organizational mission. Good management is the backbone of every successful organization. Managing life means getting things done to achieve life’s objectives and managing an organization means getting things done with and through other people to achieve its objectives.
Management is a science :
- Management has a scientific basis because of management techniques are susceptible to measurement and factual determination.
- Similar to the science management skills are experimental and it also developed by trial and error process.
- In management, there is the availability of systematic and organized study material.
Management is an art :
- Management is an art because management means coordinating and getting work done through others.
- Management is based on repeated practice and creativity as required in art.
- Management has its own approach towards each individual problem and this ability will develop with experience.
Conclusion for management is an art or science :
In this article “Is management is an art or science essay“, we have learned management as a science, and as an art. So we can conclude that management is an art as well as a science. It got properties of both art and science.
Best recommended books for learning Management
If there is only one book on management anyone should read, this is the book. It covers most aspects of running an organization, and at its core, represents a Philosophy of Management.
This is a fantastic book that tells you the story of a young man in search of a good leader. While he was encountering different management styles, some autocratic care only about results, and the workers suffered. Others with a democratic approach were only concerned with people, and the organization also suffered. And finally, he have found what he’s been looking for in a manager that uses the one-minute method.
Carnegie reveals some of the “soft skills” of a good leadership, such as making people feel important and appreciated. Implementing the ideas found in this classic will help you be a better leader, negotiator, and motivator.