Concept of management :
- Management is an executive act that actively directs the human effort to a common goal.
- The main roll of the management is to apply the knowledge and analytical approaches developed by numerous other disciplines.
- Management is the follower of the administration, it gets a salary or a part of the profit in lieu of its services.
- Management does not frame politics, it only implements the politics laid down by the administrator.
- Planning, organizing, staffing, motivation, directing coordination, and control are all the functions of the management.
- Management is considered as an art as well as a science.
Nature of management :
- Management is goal-oriented. It fulfills the organizational goal through coordination of the efforts of the personal.
- If labor, materials and capital are input and goods, services are output then management works as a catalyst medium.
- Management represents a system of authority a hierarchy of command. Managers at different levels possess varying degrees of authority.
- From management definition, we know management harmonized the goal of the worker to the goal of the organization to avoid conflicts in the organization.
- The principles and techniques of management are equally applicable in the fields of business, industry, education, government, army, etc.
Importance of management:
- No enterprise can survive without management, even if it possesses huge money, the best machinery, expert manpower. Because without management, it will be all confusion, nobody will know what to do.
- Management guides and controls the activities of manpower for maximum utilization of the company’s resources.
- Managers provides new ideas and vision to the organization to do better.
- Manager provides stability to the company by changing and modifying the resources in accordance with the changing environment of the society.
- Management helps personality development thereby raising efficiency and productivity.
Levels of managers :
- Managerial or top-level management – Top level of management consist of Board of Director and Managing Director. Their main responsibility is planning and coordinating.
- Executive or Middle-level management –Their main role is the directional and managerial function of an organization. Implementation of policies and plans as per the directive of top management.
- Supervisor or Operative level Management –Supervisor, foreman, and first-line managers are at this level. Their main role is to distribute jobs and responsibilities to a variety of workers. They are directly responsible for the quality and amount of products.
People management skill :
- Technical skills
- Conceptual skills
- Human relation skills
1. Technical skill –
Technical skill is necessary for a manager in handling methods, processes properly. It is essential for a manager to know which technical skill should be employed in a particular work. Technical skill is essential for lower-level management.
2. Conceptual skills –
Decision-making skills –
Organizational skills –
3. Human relation skills –
Communication skills – is the ability to transfer information to others effectively.
Motivating skills – inspire people to do what the manager wants them to do, the manager can use positive method include, rewards, praise, etc or the negative method like punishment, threat, etc.
If you find this article helpful, please share it with your friends.