What is Maintenance?
Industrial maintenance is a process of maintaining machines and equipment in a factory. With the development of special-purpose machine and equipment, it cost a lot more money so their idle time and downtime becoming a lot more expensive day by day. Therefore, it is important that plant machinery and equipment should be properly maintained.
If you find the video helpful please subscribe my youtube channel Education leaves
Objective of plant maintenance :
- The maintenance division of the factory ensures the availability of machines and equipment to perform their function at optimum conditions.
- The objective of plant maintenance division is to achieve minimum breakdown and to keep the plant in excellent condition at the lowest possible cost.
- Kept the plant in such condition that, it should run without any interruption.
Importance of maintenance department :
- Depending upon the size of the maintenance department and type of production, it has a wide variety of duties.
- The maintenance department plays an important role in production because plant breakdown creates problems such as time loss, Rescheduling of production, temporary work shortages, need for overtime, inefficient productivity, etc.
- If a piece of equipment goes out of service in a flow production plant, the whole line soon comes in a halt. It results in a loss of productivity.
- The maintenance engineer inspects the plant, determines necessary changes to be made, and reports to the plant manager.
- The maintenance department involves alterations and improvement in existing equipment and building to minimize breakdown.
Types of Maintenance
- Correctiveor breakdown maintenance,
- Scheduled maintenance,
- Preventive maintenance,
- Predictive maintenance.